The IRC in Central African Republic
The Central African Republic has faced conflict for almost a decade, and it continues today despite peace agreements. These years of instability have displaced 300,000 people and stunted the nation’s growth. The International Rescue Committee is helping the people of CAR to rebuild their lives in healthy, safe and productive communities that will lay a foundation for the country’s future.
Inside our work in Central African Republic
How We Help
- The IRC educates community leaders on national law and human rights.
- We operate a mobile clinic to bring health care services to the most rural communities.
- The IRC provides health care and emotional support to survivors of sexual violence.
- We support schools that teach children to read and write and provide a safe place to play.
- We build latrines, dig wells and repair water sources to improve hygiene and access to safe water.