The IRC in Pakistan
The International Rescue Committee has worked in Pakistan since 1980 and most recently has focused on emergency relief and recovery from the worst floods in the country's history. The IRC is rebuilding homes, schools, roads and other infrastructure to help Pakistanis get back to normal life. In addition, the IRC is providing health care and sanitation facilities and giving Pakistanis the tools to engage in their own recovery.
How We Help
- The IRC assisted flood survivors with emergency relief and ongoing services.
- The IRC builds and repairs homes, schools and roads.
- The IRC provides clean water and sanitation and encourages good hygiene.
- The IRC supports rural and mobile health clinics.
- The IRC offers job training, promotes job creation and distributes seeds and other necessities.