Ensure women have access to support and protection
- Providing health care, counselling and safe spaces to survivors of sexual violence
- Preventing violence against women and girls by addressing the root causes
Empower women and girls to participate in the decisions that affect their lives
- Ensuring women have economic independence and access to financial resources
- Working with adolescent girls to envision a world where they can emerge as leaders
Ensure governments protect women and girls against gender-based violence
- Working with decision-makers and communities to ensure that at all levels there are laws and policies in place on preventing violence against women and girls
- Empowering women and girls at the local level to advocate for the changes that will improve their lives
A new analysis by the IRC finds that the average funding request for gender-based violence services is only 3% of the total needed.
is allocated for each person in need of gender-based violence support services.Learn more
Despite a “shadow pandemic” of violence driven by COVID-19, the IRC found that funding for these services did not grow proportionally alongside need.
people in need, mainly women and girls, are missing out on gender-based violence services.Learn more
The IRC is calling on the international community to increase the involvement of local women leaders in developing COVID-19 response plans.
girls are at risk of not returning to school because of the COVID-19 pandemic.Learn more