- Over 200,000 people have already been displaced as violence escalates in Central African Republic.
- Some 40% of the population is already in need of food aid, which is being hindered by attacks on aid workers and closure of a supply route to the capital, Bangui.
- The IRC calls for all parties to uphold international humanitarian law, commit to de-escalating the crisis and provide essential access to blocked supply routes.
- Population: 4.7 million
- People displaced by crisis: Internally displaced, 630,834; refugees from CAR displaced in the region is 634,788
- Rank in Human Development Index: 187 of 188 countries
- Started work in CAR: 2006