Ongoing violence in Sudan driving alarming humanitarian need
- Nearly 2.8 million people have fled Sudan since 15 April, with an estimated 190,000 refugees arriving in Chad.
- An overwhelming 90% of these refugees are women and children, who are more vulnerable to the prevailing conditions.
- Both adults and children arriving are suffering from a significant number of injuries, with at least 900 cases recorded within the first three days of the crisis.
- Total population: 15.8 million
- People displaced by crisis: 706,000
- Rank in Human Development Index: 190 out of 191
- Started working in Chad: 2004