Since January, the number of Kenyans on the brink of famine has tripled
- Kenya has experienced a record four consecutive failed rainy seasons, which has not happened since record-keeping began 40 years ago.
- Food insecurity and malnutrition are rising exponentially.
- The number of Kenyans in emergency food insecurity conditions rose from 368,000 in January 2022 to 1.1 million in June 2022.
- Donor countries have delivered only 16% of the funds pledged for crucial drought aid.
- Population: 53.8 million
- Refugees and asylum seekers: 555,183
- Rank in Human Development Index: 145 of 188
- Started work in Kenya: 1992