Thank you for your interest in supporting the work of the IRC in San Jose! In-kind donations help provide newly arrived refugees with the tools they need to integrate and achieve self-sufficiency. Please keep reading for more information about our in-kind donations program. You can also check out our wish lists below:
In-Kind Donation Procedures:
The IRC in San Jose kindly asks that interested community members contact us to discuss potential donations or donation drives to assure our collective efforts are most impactful.
- Please review the entirety of this page to learn about which kinds of items we accept and what our current critical needs are.
- All donation drop-offs require an appointment as our storage facilities are off-site. We have limited capacity to pick up donations, and as such, priority for pick ups is given to furniture, though we highly appreciate when our generous donors are able to drop furniture off at our storage facilities, or even directly to our clients.
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes for your donation drop-off appointment. We reserve the right to reject any donations that do not meet our standards or our current demands.
The IRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and as such donations can be tax deductible. After donating an item, the IRC will send you a donor receipt with our Tax ID information and a record of the items you donated. The IRC cannot place a value on the items you donated, unless a purchase receipt is included with the donation of new items.
Email us at [email protected]
Latest Updates 12/1/2022:
Items we are in critical need of:
- Gift Cards
- *New* Car Seats
- *New* Full-size Sheet Sets
- *New* Full-size Comforters
- *New* Winter Blankets (Twin and Full/Queen Size)
- *New* Bath Towel Sets
- *New* Hygiene Items: Shampoo, Conditioner, Children's Toothpaste, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Hairbrushes, Combs, Deodorant, and Feminine Hygiene Pads
- Cleaning Kits (see below for full description)
Items we are currently not accepting:
- Twin Bedding
- School & Work Bags
- Oral Hygiene Items for Adults
Items we DO NOT accept:
- Food or medicine of any kind
- Used clothing, shoes, or accessories
- Used toys, stuffed animals, or books
- Travel or mini-sized hygiene products
- Items that are broken, ripped, torn, missing pieces, or otherwise need repairs
- Used items that are not thoroughly cleaned
- Used items will not be accepted where health and safety regulations prohibit the donation of those items in used condition