Thank you for your interest in supporting the IRC in San Jose! In-kind donations help provide newly arrived refugees with the tools they need to integrate and achieve self-sufficiency.
The IRC in San Jose accepts the below listed items, in new or gently used condition, with consultation from the Volunteer and Donations Team. You may also purchase from our Amazon Wish List here.
Latest Updates 9/20/21:
Items we are in critical need of:
- Gift Cards
- (New) Car Seats
- (New) Bedroom Kits
- Adult Bicycles
Items we are currently not accepting:
- School & Work Bags
- Oral Hygiene Items for Adults (Children's Items Okay)
Items we DO NOT accept:
- Food or medicine of any kind
- Used clothing or shoes
- Used toys
- To provide the greatest impact and maximize efficiency, we do not accept travel or mini-sized items
- Used items that are not thoroughly cleaned
- Items that are broken, ripped, torn, missing pieces, or otherwise need repairs
- For specific items where health and safety regulations are in place, used items will not be accepted
Full list of items that welcome and help newly arrived refugees thrive:
In-Kind Donation Policies and Procedures:
The IRC in San Jose kindly asks that interested community members contact us to discuss potential donations or donation drives to assure our collective efforts are most impactful.
- All donation drop-offs must be scheduled with a staff member of the IRC in San Jose. Donation drop-off appointments are currently available during weekday mornings and early afternoons.
- We reserve the right to reject any donations that do not meet our standards or our current demands.
The IRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and as such donations can be tax deductible. After donating an item, the IRC will send you a donor receipt with our Tax ID information and a record of the items you donated. The IRC cannot place a value on the items you donated, unless a purchase receipt is included with the donation of new items.
Email us at DonateSJ [at] rescue.org