Thank you for your interest in supporting the work of the IRC in San Jose! In-kind donations help provide newly arrived refugees with the tools they need to integrate and achieve self-sufficiency. Please keep reading for more information about our in-kind donations program. You can also check out our Amazon Wish list here.
In-Kind Donation Procedures:
The IRC in San Jose kindly asks that interested community members contact us to discuss potential donations or donation drives to assure our collective efforts are most impactful.
- All donation drop-offs require an appointment as our storage facilites are off-site.
- Please allow approximately 30 minutes for your donation drop-off appointment. We reserve the right to reject any donations that do not meet our standards or our current demands.
The IRC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and as such donations can be tax deductible. After donating an item, the IRC will send you a donor receipt with our Tax ID information and a record of the items you donated. The IRC cannot place a value on the items you donated, unless a purchase receipt is included with the donation of new items.
Email us at DonateSJ [at] rescue.org
Latest Updates 6/1/2022:
Items we are in critical need of:
- Gift Cards
- *New* Bath Towel Sets
- Cleaning Kits (see below for full description)
Items we are currently not accepting:
- Twin Bedding
- School & Work Bags
- Oral Hygiene Items for Adults (Children's Items Okay)
Items we DO NOT accept:
- Food or medicine of any kind
- Used clothing, shoes, or accessories
- Used toys, stuffed animals, or books
- Travel or mini-sized hygiene products
- Items that are broken, ripped, torn, missing pieces, or otherwise need repairs
- Used items that are not thoroughly cleaned
- Used items will not be accepted where health and safety regulations prohibit the donation of those items in used condition