The Caseworker Assistant Intern will assist the Human Trafficking Program Coordinator in providing services to survivors of all forms of human trafficking. The Caseworker Assistant Intern will identify and provide community resources to clients that improve self-sufficiency. The Caseworker Assistant Intern will also assist with community awareness and outreach efforts. Travel within Miami.
- The intern will gain knowledge of solution-oriented, strengths-based care coordination for survivors of human trafficking.
- The intern will develop skills in trauma-informed, client-centered care.
- The intern will develop skills in mapping community assets and resources.
- The intern will develop skills in client empowerment and advocacy.
- Assist program coordinator with client intake services, including but not limited to, needs assessments, safety planning and service planning
- Provide direct services to clients and, if applicable, their families, including but not limited to, enrolling individuals in public benefits and making referrals to community partners
- Assist with research on local community resources
- Assist with outreach to local organizations to help establish partnerships within the community
- Carry out administrative duties including data entry, filing, and labeling
- Assist with managing client case notes and files
- Communicate case statuses and client concerns to supervisor, coordinate service plans with supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Anti-Trafficking Caseworker
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Required - Bilingual ability in English and Spanish
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- An interest in international issues
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting
- Computer literacy – preferably with PC systems
- Valid driver’s license, reliable access to an insured vehicle.
- Must pass a background check, must pay a $51 fee to cover background check cost
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must attend IRC volunteer orientation training
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- 6 hours per week
- A 3-month commitment is desired but is negotiable on a case-by-case basis
If you are interested in applying please contact Paula Konecny at [email protected] directly.