Scope of Service
The IRC in Des Moines seeks volunteers to work with our Matching Grant (employment) Case Manager to complete required aspects of the program, such as Employment Readiness classes, job applications, transportation to interviews, completing paperwork, and other activities that will help clients succeed in their new jobs.
- Complete required training on employment readiness content, either in person or virtually
- Facilitate small to large group instruction using provided curriculum, which includes teaching clients how to find jobs, what the interview process is like, how to succeed once they begin a job, and other information to help them achieve success in the US workforce
- Provide follow-up for individuals needing more assistance after class
- Help develop new resources, such as PowerPoint slides and handouts, to introduce newly arrived refugees to work life in the United States
- Assist Case Manager to complete job applications with clients
- Transport clients to job interview and orientation
- Assist case manager to complete and file paperwork required by the program
3-6 hours per week, typically between Monday - Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Minimum 3 months.
Languages desired but not required
Swahili, Dari / Farsi, Pashto, French, and Spanish.
How to Apply
Go to https://irc-global.my.salesforce-sites.com/volunteer and complete the application. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]. Once your application is received, a staff member will contact you for a brief interview. You will then receive a link to complete a background check. Finally, you will be contacted to attend a required volunteer training.