Under the supervision and direction of the Immigration Caseworker, the Immigration Support Intern will help immigrants attain residency and citizenship in the United States and promote civics outreach activities throughout the San Joaquin Valley.
- Assist clients with paperwork needed to gain citizenship or establish residency
- Assist with completion of reports and file documents related to clients’ citizenship needs
- Contact clients with case updates
- Participate in citizenship workshops and engage in community outreach
- Oversee project focused on enhancing civics engagement in the San Joaquin Valley
- Current undergrad, graduate student or recently graduated student with a focus in Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Public Policy, International Studies, or a related field.
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to handle confidential documents and sensitive information
This position reports to the Immigration Caseworker
This is an unpaid internship. Work-related driving is eligible for charitable mileage rate reimbursement.
Internships are available for current college students, graduate students, and graduates less than one year post-graduation. Course credit and transcript notation are available if the student submits the appropriate paperwork to the Volunteer and Donations Coordinator.
How to Apply:
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.