TITLE: Resource Development Intern
LOCATION: Missoula, Montana
START DATE: Ongoing
Commitment: at least one semester, at least 5 hours per week
The International Rescue Committee is the leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. The IRC is committed to freedom, human dignity, and self-reliance. This commitment is reflected in well-planned resettlement assistance, global emergency relief, rehabilitation, and advocacy for refugees. Founded in 1933, the IRC is a global leader in emergency relief, rehabilitation, protection of human rights, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by conflict and oppression. The resettlement office in Missoula, Montana provides services to approximately 120 newly arriving refugees per year.
SCOPE OF WORK:
As a resource development intern you will be responsible for assisting the Development Coordinator with various aspects of fundraising, event planning, volunteer recruitment and coordination, and handling in-kind donations. Tasks may include recording donations and responding to donors, answering volunteer inquiries, maintaining records of volunteers and their service hours, processing donations of goods and assisting with the in-kind inventory management. As such, you will be expected to learn about the IRC (history, scope of work, values, ect.), our clients, and core services. All activities will be done in coordination with office staff and under the supervision of the Development Coordinator.
• Responding to donor and volunteer inquiries by phone and email
• Assist in coordinating in-kind donations and inventory management
• Assist in volunteer coordination including recruiment, training and assignments, and support
• Assist in planning and managing outreach and fundraising campaigns including Missoula Gives, Giving Tuesday, End of Year Appeal, World Refugee Day and others as needed.
• Assist in reaching and applying for funding opportunities
• Experience or strong interest in nonprofit resource development or related field
• Motivated, flexible and ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Strong computer skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment
• IRC orientation and background check required
• Experience working with refugees/diverse populations is a plus
• Compensation: This an unpaid internship
• Hours: flexible, minimum of 5 hrs per week
• Supervisor: Development Coordinator
Interested candidates should email a resume and brief statement of interest to [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
1535 Liberty Ln, Missoula, MT 59808-2023, United States