New Roots Charlottesville supports refugee food security and aids in their transition to the community through gardening, nutrition education, local food access initiatives and small business farming. IRC currently manages New Roots Farm and a few community gardens around town, in addition to providing training and support to numerous additional locations.
- Help staff and farmers out with ongoing projects (e.g. planting, cleaning, harvesting, organizing, etc).
- Please bring water, gardening gloves, sun-protection, and dress for the weather. Workdays will be cancelled for inclement weather.
- Apply to be a volunteer, attend orientation, and have an interview with our volunteer coordination team
- Volunteers must be willing to work hard and get their hands dirty!
- Open to all community members (children must be supervised)