The IRC is grateful for the support of the communities in Charlottesville and Richmond and the care shown for the refugees and immigrants we serve. As an international humanitarian organization with decades of experience responding to health crises worldwide, we are monitoring COVID-19 closely, drawing on this experience, and guidance from the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO). We take great care in safeguarding the health of our beneficiaries, our staff members, and the communities we serve. At this time, we are taking the following actions:
- The IRC in Charlottesville and Richmond is operating with very limited staff in the office and all non-essential personnel working remotely.
- All staff members are fully available to clients, partners and community members and can be reached by phone or email.
- Clients seeking services in the office will be seen by appointment only.
- English class is suspended.
- The Resettlement Store is closed.
- All volunteer activities are suspended except when carried out remotely.
- The offices are not open to the general public.
- We are not able to accept any donations of household items, clothing, or any other tangible goods at our offices at this time. We would appreciate you holding on to any items that you would like to donate until such a time as we are once again able to accept them.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and protect the health of our clients and staff.
Refugee families will be disproportionately affected by COVID-19's impacts on our communities. Help IRC ensure our clients have the resources they need.
If you have questions, please be in touch with your primary contact at IRC, or email Charlottesville [at] rescue.org or Richmond [at] rescue.org