The IRC in Charlottesville relies on the generosity of our community to provide families with needed items as well as comforts. Donated items are placed in families' new apartments or distributed to families through our network of volunteers. In recent weeks, volunteers have been working to bring families staying in hotels things to make their stays more comfortable while they wait for long-term housing.
Effective October 1, we are accepting a limited number of items based on the needs of the families we serve.
- Diapers sizes 4, 5 and 6 and Pull-ups
- Infant car seats, new (we have one on the Amazon wishlist) or gently used, less than 5 years old, all pads washed and surfaces wiped
- Laundry detergent (smaller sizes that can be easily carried to shared laundry facilities)
- Gift cards to Walmart, Food Lion, Kroger
- New in box, sets of bowls, plates, and utensils
- Items from our Amazon Wishlist.
Items can be brought to the office at 375 Greenbrier Drive, Suite 200, Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
At this time, we cannot accept any other items for donation, including but not limited to; clothing, food, toys, furniture and other household items.