With the vehicle-dependent culture that is so prevalent Southern California, a donated car can be life-changing for a new refugee struggling with mobility.
Donated vehicles help refugees travel to work, regain control over their lives, and achieve self-sufficiency. Often, a lack of transportation is a major barrier to accepting job oportunities outside of one's immediate neighborhood. A new vehicle is certain to be the "lift" a refugee needs to move from surviving to thriving in San Diego, and a potential tax deduction for you.
The process is simple:
- If possible, get your car smogged (a smog certificate within the last 90 days is required to transfer ownership, we can do this if you are unable to)
- Contact Laurel.Dalsted [at] Rescue.org or +1 619 641 7510 x242 to let us know that you have a vehicle available
- Our staff will identify a client to recieve your car
- We will work with you to coordinate a time for you to drop off or for us to pick up your vehicle
- Our staff will assist the recipient with registering the vehicle and obtaining insurance as needed
- The IRC will handle all required paperwork and mail you the relevant documents confirming your donation
Ready to donate your car to the IRC? Want to learn more? Contact Laurel.Dalsted [at] Rescue.org or +1 619 641 7510 x242.