The IRC in Phoenix is committed to supporting newly arrived refugees on their journey from harm to home. As part of that commitment, we provide refugees with the basics they will need to start rebuilding their lives here in the U.S. Join our efforts by gathering much-needed in-kind donations to assist newly arrived refugee families and individuals as they work to regain control of their future and positively integrate into our community.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we maintain our priority to keep the refugees we serve, staff and supporters safe and healthy. We have reviewed our in-kind donation policy to ensure we have guidelines in place that will help us maintain safe processes while practicing physical distancing. We have also limited the list of donations to only include essential items that refugee families are requesting. Additionally, our office will continue to be temporarily closed, so we have limited capacity to accept in-kind donations. Therefore, please consider buying from our Amazon Wishlist first and foremost.
However, we recognize that sometimes it is easier to drop off gathered donations directly, so we will be accepting a short list of essential items dropped off to the IRC office one day a week moving forward. We are only accepting NEW items that are in original, unopened packaging. We will also accept used laptops and TVs in good, working condition.
Our current in-kind donation needs include the following:
- New, unopened cleaning supplies, including: Hand soap, Laundry detergent, Dishwashing sponges, Paper towels, Dish soap, Disinfecting all-purpose cleaning spray, Toilet bowl cleaner, Disinfecting wipes, Hand sanitizer
- New, unopened hygiene items, including: Lotion*, Shampoo*, Bar body soap*, Deodorant (men and women’s)*, Toilet paper, Diapers and baby wipes, Feminine hygiene products
- Gift Cards (Visa, or grocery such as Walmart or Fry’s)
- Other new items as needed: Bed sheets (Twin, Full), Cooking pots, Trash cans (13 gallons)
- TVs**, Laptops**
*Travel sized bottles will not be accepted
**Please note that we cannot accept computers over 4 years old. Additionally, we cannot accept TVs over 10 years old.
To schedule a donation drop off, please first email our In-Kind Outreach Coordinator, Stephanie Neely, at Stephanie.Neely [at] rescue.org with a detailed list of the items you have for donation. We will follow up to confirm that we can receive the items and schedule an appointment. We will be available to receive these in-kind donations one day a week, every Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm at 4425 W. Olive Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302.
DIY Donation Drive Opportunities:
Donation Drives are a great way to involve your workplace, civic or church group in a volunteer activity. Donations might include hygiene kits, school kits, work bags, etc. Contact our development coordinator at 434-872-3527 or by email at Stephanie.Neely [at] rescue.org to discuss donation drive ideas based on current needs.
Ongoing needs include:
- Gift Card Drive: gift cards to stores like Walmart, Target and Smith's offer newly arrived refugees the opportunity to choose for themselves the things they need.
- Resettlement Kit: Basic home supplies—such as cleaning supplies and linens —welcome refugee families and individuals when they arrive at their new home, and help their budget stretch farther as they settle into life in the United States.
In addition to in-kind donations, monetary donations contribute greatly to the success of the IRC's work. Make your donation using the link below to ensure 100% of your contribution supports our work right here in Phoenix. Every bit of support helps!
Other monetary donations can be sent to our office in Phoenix:
International Rescue Committee
Attn: Nicole Walker
4425 W. Olive Ave., Ste 400
Glendale, AZ 85302
Questions? Contact our In-Kind Outreach Coordinator Stephanie Neely by email at Stephanie.Neely [at] Rescue.org or by phone at 434-872-3527.