Sending a gift of in-kind goods is a great way to support families in San Diego.
Please contact SanDiego [at] Rescue.org if you have questions about any of the lists below. Feel free to share the wish list links with others who might like to help provide these items!
Send welcome gifts and essential items to a family in need:
You can send an item to an IRC client through contactless delivery by clicking on the wish list links below:
- F.T. is an asylum-seeking single mother that is currently living in an IRC partner shelter. She welcomed her baby boy, Mohamed, on January 5th of this year. F.T.'s wish list is available here.
- DMGP is a single mother from Mexico and survivor of domestic violence with two daughters under the age of 12. She is looking for clothes for her daughters. DMGP's wish list is available here
- T.T. and her husband are an asylum-seeking family that recently arrived to the U.S. T.T. is expecting her second child next month. They are in need of items for their young son and new baby. T.T.'s wish list is available here.
Please note that the names are shortened to protect the client's confidentiality.
Send Items to IRC Programs:
Many IRC programs include providing families with in-kind goods to help meet their needs. You can help provide those items using the wish lists below.
Click a link below to view a wish list. Currently items will be shipped to an IRC staff member for distribution as the IRC office remains closed and unable to accept deliveries with all staff working remotely.
- New Arrival Health & Safety Kit: Health and Safety supplies that will be placed in apartments set up for newly arrived refugees.
- Send a Target gift card to a new arrival family: Help us welcome newcomer families in 2021 with a gift card. Gift cards give our clients the agency and autonomy to purchase the items they need most on their own. You can send an e-gift card to SanDiego [at] Rescue.org or mail us at gift card at 5348 University Ave #205C San Diego, CA 92105. Gift cards from Walmart, Food4Less and Visa are also highly requested.
Donated vehicles help refugees travel to work, regain control over their lives, and achieve self-sufficiency. A new vehicle is certain to be the "lift" a refugee needs to move from surviving to thriving in San Diego, and a potential tax deduction for you.
Ready to donate your car to the IRC? Want to learn more? Contact Lida.Dianti [at] Rescue.org.
The IRC is only able to accept vehicles that are in good working condition and can pass a smog test.