Together we can offer help and hope to our neighbors.
When times are tough, our community has always risen to the challenge. Today is no different. As we face the uncertainty of the coronavirus, we think of the most vulnerable in our community.
Many IRC clients work in hospitality and food service, some of the industries hit hardest by COVID-19. Newcomers do not qualify for unemployment benefits or other COVID-19 employment-related benefits, because they have not yet worked in the U.S. long enough to qualify. This means that many families will need extra support with rent, utilities, groceries, and other essentials as job layoffs, furloughs and job insecurity increase.
How to Provide Help
Donations will be used to assist people who have self-quarantined or members of vulnerable populations, such as the elderly and those with medical conditions.
Donations will be accepted at the International Rescue Committee, 1530 South Oliver, Suite 270, on Thursdays from 9:30am-12:30pm or by appointment. Clothing donations will not be accepted. The list below contains the most needed items, but you can also visit our Amazon Wish List and ship directly to the IRC.
- Yellow corn flour
- Apples and oranges
- Dried peas
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
- Dish soap
- Diapers & wipes
We have set up an Emergency Response Fund to ensure essential services are provided to the most vulnerable families to assist with paying rent and utilities, purchasing food, and other basic necessities.
- Donate online now
- Checks can be mailed to: International Rescue Committee in Kansas, 1530 South Oliver Street, Suite 270, Wichita, KS 67218. Please include "Emergency Fund" in the memo.
- Deliver groceries to a family in need
- Video chat with an adult or child learning English
- Mentor a new arrival via Skype
- Start a fundraiser
- Share refugee and immigrant stories
- Design marketing materials
- Donate computers and other devices to ensure clients are able to connect
- Lead online English classes
Want to volunteer or learn more? Email VolunteerKS [at] Rescue.org.