The IRC’s Salt Lake City office offers a variety of unpaid internship opportunities throughout the year.
IRC does not host your average internships. Our interns get hands-on experience and responsibility to provide personalized services as we work to move refugees from harm to home. Requirements vary by position, but the standard commitment for internships is 10-40 hours a week for at least 10 weeks.
We are able to host Master's of Social Work students as we do have licensed social workers on staff.
Steps to become an intern with the IRC in Salt Lake City:
1. Read through the information on this page and check out position descriptions for our various internships.
2. Email your resume and cover letter to volunteerSLC [at] rescue.org
3. Complete a 20 minute phone interview with the volunteer coordinator to determine a potential fit with the IRC.
4. Interview with staff overseeing program of interest.
5. Complete an IRC background check, all of which is done online.
International Rescue Committee offers a variety of internships in departments including those supporting:
- Donations, Logistics and Event Planning
- Economic Empowerment and Asset Building
- Food Access and Nutrition
- Health Prevention, Instruction and Access
- Marketing and Communications
You can view position descriptions here, but please note that availability varies depending on the semester and number of applicants. If you are interested in getting more information including specific position descriptions, please email your resume and a brief statement of interest to volunteerSLC [at] rescue.org. We will follow up with any relevant position descriptions.