The IRC in Baltimore is committed to bringing our refugee clients from harm to home. As part of that commitment, we provide them with basic necessities – such as clothing and household items they need to start rebuilding their lives here.
To do this, the IRC relies on donated items from community partners that are passed onto our clients free of charge.
Please find the list of items we are able to accept individual donations of immediately below. Then, please find the list of kits we are requesting. To help us with distribution, please donate all items of a kit together.
For more information and to make a donation, please fill out the IRC In-Kind Donation Form.
If delivery is a challenge, please consider purchasing needed items through our Amazon Wish List.
Individual Donation List:
- Flat screen television
- Digital Converter and TV antennas for older TVs
- Working and Ready-To-Use Laptop or Tablet
- Household or Cleaning supplies (detergent, sponges, All-purpose cleaner, broom)
- Plastic Organizers (Drawer sets, bins)
- Everything for the kitchen (utensils, appliances, pots, pans, dishes, paper towels etc)
- *NEW* Pillows
- Tool Kits
- *NEW* Toys
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Car Seats (Must be new)
- Smart Phones
- Gift cards to Target, Walmart and CVS
- Baby bottles
- New or gently used seasonal clothing
- Belts, purses, thick socks
- *NEW* Deodorant, lotion/make-up, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, toothpaste, wipes,
- Blankets, comforter/quilts, tablecloths, towels, hand towels
- Vacuum Cleaner
Have gently used sofas or dining sets? We may be able to arrange a pick up! Email us at VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org
• Office or storage space
• Financial Donations (Donate)
• Gift Cards-(Target and Walmart most desired)-to allow clients to purchase food, clothing, and other critical items.
Please consider fundraising for refugees in the Baltimore Metro area. You can receive IRC materials for your fundraiser. Sign up to fundraise here.
Don't have any of these items? Email us if you would like to be included on a listserv for updates on in-kind needs VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org (here)