The IRC in Baltimore is committed to supporting our clients from harm to home. As part of that commitment, we provide clients with basic necessities such as clothing and household items to rebuild their lives in Maryland. To do this, the IRC relies on donated items from community partners that are passed onto our clients free of charge.
How to make an in-kind donation
Due to limited storage, we are only able to accept certain types of items. Please review the needed items and donation options below.
1) Consider purchasing needed items through our Amazon Wish List. Items are delivered to the IRC office and staff distribute directly to clients.
2) Donate needed new or gently used items from the list below. First fill out the IRC In-Kind Donation Form so we know what you would like to donate and can let you know if we have storage space. Note that we do not have drop off hours and can only accept donations by appointment. We are not currently accepting clothing due to limited storage capacity. Current needs include:
- Kitchen items (utensils, pots, pans, dishes, paper towels, electric kettles)
- New pillows, toys, car seats, toiletries (deodorant, lotion, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, toothpaste)
- Backpacks and school supplies (paper, notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, markers, colored pencils, crayons)
- Smart phones
- Baby items (bottles, strollers, wipes)
- Linens (blankets, sheets and blankets for twin/full beds, bath towels, hand towels)
- Tool kits
- Household or cleaning supplies (detergent, sponges, all-purpose cleaner, broom)
- Plastic organizers (drawer sets, bins, baskets
3) Donate gift cards to allow clients to purchase food, clothing, and other critical items. Giant, Aldi, Target and Walmart are preferred.
4) Donate storage space to help us sort collected items. VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org (subject: Donating%20storage%20space) (Email us) with more details.
5) Have gently used sofas or dining sets? We may be able to arrange a pick up! VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org (subject: Sofa%20%2F%20Dining%20Set%20Donation) (Email us).
6) Put together a houshold, cleaning or kitchen kit! We welcome complete kits to help set up a new home for a newly-arriving family. VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org (subject: Household%20%2F%20Cleaning%20%2F%20Kitchen%20Kit) (Email us) if you would like to deliver a kit.
Don't have any of these items? VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org (subject: Let%20me%20know%20about%20future%20in-kind%20needs) (Email us) if you would like to be included on a listserv for updates on in-kind needs.