Thank you for your interest in in-kind donations to the IRC! Community assistance with early resettlement in the form of donations is an amazing way to immediately impact the lives of newly arrived refugees, and we welcome your help.
The primary beneficiaries of IRC donated goods are refugees from all over the world who have fled their homelands after experiencing life-threatening persecution and are unable to stay or return to his or her home country. The ability to provide a warm and welcoming home upon their arrival in the U.S. is paramount to their comfort and security. We ask that interested community members work within our capacity and requirements to ensure our resettlement efforts are comprehensive and equitable.
- Prior to any procurement of donations or donation drives, you must reach out and speak with your appropriate office contact. Our goal is to help make your donations fully utilized, and to do so, we must coordinate our efforts. The IRC retains the right to refuse any item procured without our knowledge. IRC in Sacramento: Hannah.Messick [at] Rescue.org ( )
- IRC does not have the ability to pick up donation items. The IRC can only accept items dropped off either at our office (2020 Hurley Way, Suite 420, Sacramento, CA 95825) at a pre-arranged time or direct delivery with the help of IRC staff.
Upcoming 2017 Donation Drop Off Dates: Recieving on Thursdays and Fridays from 12:30 - 3:30p. Please email hannah.messick [at] rescue.org with the kind & quantity of items to ensure we can recieve the desired donation.
- The IRC will only take items that are in NEW or VERY GENTLY USED condition. All items will be inspected upon drop off and the office retains the right to refuse any items.
- The IRC is a 501c3, nonprofit organization, and as such donations can be tax deductible. If requested, after donating an item, the IRC can provide you a receipt with our tax ID information and a record of the items you donated. The IRC cannot place a value on the items you donated, so there will be space on the receipt for you to input that information as you see fit.
The needs of refugees arriving in Sacramento vary and the IRC in Sacramento hosts quarterly donation drives for specific items.
We are continuously accepting new and gently used:
- Bicycles, in road ready condition
- Laptop and desktop computers, four years old or less
- Completed Refugee Welcome Kits (see below)
- Adult Work Bags (see below)
- Refugee Empowerment Items (see below)
- Farm & Gardening Tools (link to items requested)
The IRC will only take items that are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. All items will be inspected upon drop off and each office retains the right to refuse any items.