In just 4 months, Welcome.US hiring fairs have brought together over 700 applicants with local & national employers and resulted in nearly 150 on-the-spot job offers being made to newcomers!
We are specifically looking to highlight employers that meet the following criteria:
- National employers with 10 or more job openings
- Local employers with 5 or more job openings
- Employers consistently hiring roles within their organizations
- Employers with a range of job openings, from entry-level to high-skilled
- Employers hiring for mid-level and higher-level positions will be prioritized over employers with entry-level positions
- Employers willing to interview and take steps toward job offers during the hiring fair [Note: We do not expect employers to necessarily offer jobs on the spot, but are seeking employers who can begin their processes of filtering candidates for employment on site]
- Employers able to send 1-2 employees to the hiring fair with the authority to screen and interview candidates from 10a.m.-3p.m. on Friday Sep 30th and Saturday Oct 1st, 2022
- Please note that employers working with pork products, pet care, and/or alcohol and tobacco products will likely NOT receive interest from Afghan candidates at this event
About the talent pool:
- Over 72,000 Afghan evacuees have arrived in the United States since August 2021, from a variety of professional backgrounds including interpreters, public policy experts, humanitarian workers, finance professionals, medical professionals, business managers, journalists, Afghan Veterans, and human rights activists.
- ~42,000 are working-age adults, 40% are female and 60% are male.
- Thousands have high English proficiency levels and years of professional experience, while others are currently in the process of learning English.
- All Afghan evacuees in the United States are fully authorized to work, fully vaccinated, and have social security numbers. ●
- Over 40,000 Ukrainians have arrived through the Uniting for Ukraine program in the USA. Most are highly educated and have diverse professional backgrounds including technology, data analysis, finance, and business development. Many have English skills.
- All Ukrainians are eligible for the Work Authorization Card (EAD), and some have already received their EAD and some are in the process.
Register by September 26, 2022, using this registration link.
Please contact the Welcome.US team at [email protected] with any questions.