Join the International Rescue Committee in our Second Annual Run for Refugees 5k.
The funds raised will support critical services at the IRC ensuring families have the support they need to thrive in their communities by providing youth and adult education programs, cultural orientation, household items, services for survivors of human trafficking and support for vulnerable families. Our programs and services help clients from diverse cultural backgrounds, giving them hope for their futures and helping them become self-sufficient, productive members of their communities.
Run or walk a 5k at the location of your choosing between June 1-June 15 and report back your time to be added to the finisher database. Participants will be mailed a t-shirt and bib number.
How it works:
- Register today, and encourage friends and family to join you.
- Wear your Run for Refugees shirts. Shirts will be mailed in mid-May and again in early June.
- Walk or run a 5km between June 1-June 15. You can make the walk/run anywhere—whether in your home, on a treadmill, or outside while socially distancing. Whether you complete the full distance or just a few steps, you'll be helping to raise awareness and funds for some of the most vulnerable members of our community.
- Share your results on social media using #RunForRefugees2021 and tagging @IRCWichita.
- Email your results to Megan.Webb [at] Rescue.org to be included in our finisher database.
- How does a virtual run/walk work? You sign up online. You run, jog, or walk anytime and anywhere that works for you. You can complete the entire distance at once, or break it up over a few days. It's up to you! You'll receive a race bib to wear during your walk/run if you choose. Each registration includes a t-shirt, which will be mailed out in early to mid-May. There is no timing, so walk, jog, or run at your own pace.
- Can I invite others to participate? Absolutely! The more the merrier (as long as you are 6' apart)
- What's included in registration? Registration includes a bib number and t-shirt mailed to each participant.