Every year on North Texas Giving Day, we are reminded of the power of community. Our community demonstrates time-and-again that here in Dallas, we band together, support each other, and welcome our newest neighbors. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Dallas is proud to belong to North Texas, where acceptance and hospitality extend to all.
As we look toward an uncertain future, it is crucial that we join together to ensure refugees, asylum-seekers, and other immigrants will continue to receive life-changing services and be welcomed fully in North Texas. We need your help. North Texas Giving Day (NTXGD) is an 18-hour online giving event hosted by the Communities Foundation of Texas, a long-standing partner of the IRC in Dallas.
Here are a few ways you can #WelcomeRefugees this North Texas Giving Day:
1. Create a FUNdraising Page
You can support the IRC in Dallas by creating a North Texas Giving Day FUNdraiser and sharing it on your social media. Below are instructions on how to set up your page now:
- Visit IRC in Dallas on the North Texas Giving Day website
- Select “Create FUNdraising Page”
- Select “Create Profile”
- Set goals, enter details, and summarize why you’re FUNdraising for the IRC in Dallas
- Select “Submit FUNdraising Page for Approval"
- Share your FUNdraiser with your network!
2. Pledge your gift to the IRC in Dallas
Pledge giving runs September 9th through September 18th! Things to know about pledge giving:
- Visit the IRC's North Texas Giving Day page and pledge your gift ahead of time.
- Your pledge gift will be processed on September 19th, and you will receive your tax receipt via e-mail at that time.
- Making a pledge gift means you don't have to remember to do it on September 19th!
3. Every donation counts!
All donations to the IRC in Dallas on September 19th count towards our NTXGD goal! That means you can donate via:
- IRC in Dallas Facebook
- IRC in Dallas Website
- Your Donor-Advised Fund
- Communities Foundation of Texas
- and, in-person or mail (to arrive by September 19th)
Your gift goes further on North Texas Giving Day with day-of matching and prizes that you can help us win!
4. Spread the word
If you don't already follow the IRC in Dallas on Facebook, there's no better time! We will be sharing reminders leading up to North Texas Giving Day, and will keep you updated on September 19th.
If you have any questions about getting involved with North Texas Giving Day, please reach out to us at DevelopmentDallas [at] rescue.org (subject: NTXGD%20Support) .