Want to spread the word about making #RefugeesWelcome and also contribute more? There are various, creative ways to accomplish these goals simultaneously.
- Invite your friends and family for dinner, tea, documentary screening, or a dance party and ask for a suggested donation at the door, making your guests aware ahead of time why you’re hosting this time around!
- Running a race this year or next? Ask your supporters to donate ten for each mile you conquer!
- Visit Crowdrise or contact Milagros.Cruz [at] Rescue.org (subject: Raising%20money%20for%20the%20IRC%20in%20Elizabeth) for more information.
Join the newsletter:
- Stay connected via our newsletter!
- Follow us on Facebook, and ask others to do the same! “Like” and share our posts and articles. Use the hashtag #RefugeesWelcome when sharing posts on your social media accounts about the refugee crisis and acknowledging that refugees are welcome in our community. Tag @International Rescue Committee in New York on Facebook to link others to us, and also use the #IRCNewYork hashtag when sharing information about the IRC’s refugee resettlement efforts in New Jersey.