The IRC in Abilene is committed to serving Afghan families and other refugee arrivals by ensuring they have access to safe housing, medical care, mental health services, case management, and other vital services as they rebuild their lives in our community. We need your generosity to support our newest neighbors.
Here are ways you can help:
- Donate! The IRC in Abilene is raising funds that will go towards securing housing, purchasing household items and food, transportation, medical needs, and meeting the other basic needs of our new Afghan neighbors and other new arrivals at this time. Whether your donation is $10 or $10,000, you will make an impact and help these individuals and families rebuild their lives in Texas. Donate here!
- Host an in-kind donation drive or donate quality items you already own! The IRC in Abilene is accepting toiletries, bedding, and other in-kind donation items. Please go here for details on how to donate these items.
- You can also purchase items to donate from the IRC in Abilene’s Amazon Wishlist or Walmart Wishlist.
- Become an Airbnb Open Homes host and help to provide short-term housing for a refugee family.
- As needs arise over the next few months, volunteers are always welcome! Learn more about becoming an IRC in Abilene volunteer and fill out our interest form here to get started.