We all search for places #WhereWeBelong. From libraries to schools to workplaces, join us this #WelcomingWeek from September 8-17th.
Welcoming Week is a global movement that brings communities and neighbors of all backgrounds together to build strong connections and affirm the importance of inclusive places.
This year IRC Seattle is excited to partner with, the YMCA of Greater Seattle, Refugee Congress and King County Library System (KCLS) to celebrate the places and spaces that create a sense of belonging for you & others.
Visit any King County Library to get your own Welcoming Week bookmark featuring KCLS, IRC Seattle, and Refugee Congress and check out KCLS Welcoming Week resources, including a reading list: kcls.org/WelcomingWeek.
Join the movement!
Tag and include #WelcomingWeek2023 #WhereWeBelong in your social media posts during Welcoming Week!
Take a moment to appreciate and celebrate the places #WhereWeBelong — cities, public parks, workplaces, etc. — all of which include:
- Strong government & community leadership
- Equitable access to services
- Robust civic engagement
- High quality education
- Community safety for all
- Connected residents and communities
- Economic development that benefits all of us
How to participate locally:
- Educate yourself and others about refugees and the refugee resettlement process.
- Support IRC Seattle's Employment Kit Drive (view flier to the right to learn more) to support newly arrived job seekers get all the tools they need to find employment and reach economic self-sufficiency
- In partnership with the YMCA of Greater Seattle, the Matt Griffin and Kent branches will be donation drop off sites for our Back to School Backpack drive
- In partnership with the YMCA of Greater Seattle, the Bellevue branch will be a donation drop off site for our Employment Kit drive
Thank you Refugee Congress, KCLS, and the YMCA of Greater Seattle for building communities and spaces of belonging with us! Participate in Welcoming Week by checking out their websites below!
Visit your local library, find programs and services, and check out a great reads for kids and adults at kcls.org/WelcomingWeek.
Advocate and lift up refugee and immigrant voices in Washington. Go to refugeecongress.org.