Community Outreach | 2-5 hours a week (flexible schedule)
Support the Anti-Trafficking Coordinator by helping coordinate outreach in the local community
Location: IRC in Abilene office
- Assist in planning, advertising, coordination of public education, outreach, fundraising and other events
- Assist with development and distribution of outreach and promotional materials
- Assist in identifying new opportunities to generate awareness and outreach
Ready to start?
- RSVP to and attend an information session.
- Review our current available volunteer positions and choose 3 that best fit your interests, skills, and schedule.
- Complete a volunteer application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as needs arise for your chosen position.You may be selected for an interview.
- Completing 2 reference checks and a background check.
- Once the interview is confirmed and conducted, successful interviewees will complete the necessary background checks. To protect our clients, we require background checks for all our volunteers, and we ask volunteers to make a $45 donation to cover associated costs. Currently, 92% of our funding goes directly to our clients, and your help to cover this cost allows us to continue providing the best service possible. These donations can be made at the IRC in Abilene office during normal business hours. For inquiries regarding the donation specifically, please reach out to Jen.Rogers [at] Rescue.org (subject: Volunteer%20Interest) (Jen) at (325) 675-5643.
- Complete onboarding training and paperwork.
More opportunities in Abilene, TX
ESL program volunteer
ESL Volunteers work with newly arrived refugees as they build their English language skills.
Support the IRC in Abilene team by helping to coordinate in-kind donations, donors and logistics.
Anti-Trafficking Marketing and Multimedia Volunteer
Assist with development and implementation of public outreach and awareness campaigns
On-call Housing Set-up Volunteer
Once we know a family or individual will be served by the Abilene office, our team works to secure their housing and ensure that their home is set-up and ready to welcome them upon their arrival. We rely on volunteers and various community groups to help with housing set-ups.