We are now accepting applications for spring internships! Internships are a great way to gain professional experience by working closely with IRC staff to support refugees and immigrants to become self-sufficient and thrive in Baltimore. Details and links are available below:
- DATES: internships start with a required in-person orientation on Friday, January 19, 2024 (approx. 10 AM – 3 PM) at the IRC Baltimore office. Regular weekly hours start the week of January 22, 2024, and will continue through April 12, 2024 (12 total weeks).
- HOURS: Internships require a minimum of 12 hours per week for 12 weeks. Weekly schedules generally include three mornings or afternoons (i.e. 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm), to be coordinated with each supervisor. Interns should be able to come to the office at least 1–2 days per week.
- LAPTOP: Interns will be issued an IRC laptop for the duration of the internship to perform both remote and in-office responsibilities.
- REIMBURSEMENT: Internships with the IRC in Baltimore are unpaid. University credit may be arranged. Spring 2024 interns are eligible for per diem reimbursement at the rate of $15 per day (defined as 7.5 hours) to offset the costs of food and travel of the internship. Interns may also be reimbursed for mileage driven for any approved activities, based on round-trip mileage from the IRC office.
- TO APPLY: review the position descriptions at the links below or by searching rescue.org/careers. Applications are due by 11:59pm on Thursday, November 30, 2023. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted the week of December 4. Interviews will take place in mid-December. Applicants will be notified of decisions by December 22, 2023.
SPRING INTERNSHIPS 2024:
10. Youth case management