We recruit interns during the academic year and for summers. Our upcoming program dates for internships are:
- Summer 2024: June 3 - August 23, 2024 (Internship position postings for Summer will be updated on February 12, 2024)
- Fall 2024: August 26 - December 13, 2024
How to apply:
Apply online HERE: Applicants must include a resume and cover letter and state their top 3 choices for internship positions. Incomplete applications (e.g. missing resume or cover letter) will not be considered.
After submitting your application, you will be contacted by our team if you are selected to move forward in the application process.
General internship requirements
- Hours per week vary by position (between 8 and 20 hours per week)
- Hours must be completed during normal business hours (i.e. Monday–Friday between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm) unless otherwise stated
- Enrollment in a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree program or pursuing a relevant career
- An interest in international and refugee issues
- Must be reliable and willing to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be flexible and willing to help other teams and departments as needed
- A willingness to learn about the diverse ethnic backgrounds of clients and adhere to IRC volunteer/intern and workplace policies
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Somali, Farsi, Dari, Nepali or Swahili highly desirable
- All positions are hybrid with in-person work required.
Current internship opportunities
(Click the links below to see descriptions and requirements)
These internships are a good fit for individuals looking to gain hands-on experience with how to run a non-profit, fundraise, manage volunteers, manage in-kind donations and implement effective communications plans.
- Community Engagement: Volunteer Program Intern
- Community Engagement: Marketing and Event Planning Intern
- Community Engagement: Client Voice Evaluation Accountability and Learning Intern
Immigration Legal Services
This internship is a good fit for those interested in immigration law and processes.
- Legal Intern: Survivors of Torture Program
Case Management, Clinical Support, Community Navigation
These internships are a good fit for interns who are interested in a high level of client interaction and fieldwork.
- Case Management Intern
- Employment Case Management Intern
- Housing Casework Intern
- Housing Access and Stability Intern
These internships are a good fit for individuals with a strong interest in public health and refugee health. Interns with the health program will have a high level of client interaction and fieldwork.
Finance, Administration and Operations