Over four hundred throusand people in Ethiopia are at immediate risk of starvation or death
- Ethiopia and the East Africa region are facing their longest-running drought in 40 years.
- New conflict has emerged across Ethiopia since 2020, overlapping with some areas hit by drought.
- Funding shortfalls have forced reductions in food rations for refugees in Ethiopia, leaving them with only 50% of the rations they need.
- Prices of the life-sustaining food needed to meet nutritional requirements have risen by 66% in Ethiopia.
- Total population: 115 million
- Refugees: Nearly 792,000
- People internally displaced: 1.8 million
- Rank in Human Development Index: 173 of 188
- Started work in Ethiopia: 2000