Citizenship Education Program: Interview Preparation Workshop Tutor
The Immigration Department’s Citizenship Education Program offers walk-in citizenship interview preparation workshops for permanent residents applying for naturalization.
Locations & Times Needed:
El Cajon: Thursdays 1-3 pm and/or
City Heights: Wednesdays 11am-1pm
Minimum of two month commitment is required.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to individuals seeking to become U.S. Citizens including:
- practice conversational English
- practice reading and writing in English
- review civics questions
- conduct mock interviews.
- Volunteers will be expected to take initiative in leading the sessions, log their hours, and respect sensitive client information.
- Experience in a diverse, multi-cultural setting is desired but not required.
- Previous experience with ESL students or tutoring preferred.
- One-on-one staff training
- Training must be completed before tutoring begins
- Attend a general volunteer orientation (1 hour)
(Please include position(s) applying for in top 3 preferences.)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
San Diego Internship Opportunities
Academic internships currently available at the IRC in San Diego.
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Marketing and Outreach Volunteer
Do you have a marketing background? Consider assisting our Youth and Career Development programs through outreach and marketing!
Vocational ESL Classroom Assistant
Learning English is an important component of arriving to the United States as a refugee. Help us support those who are looking to learn a new language! Click here for more information.