Citizenship Education Program: Interview Preparation Workshop Tutor
The Immigration Department’s Citizenship Education Program offers walk-in citizenship interview preparation workshops for permanent residents applying for naturalization.
Locations & Times Needed:
El Cajon: Thursdays 1-3 pm
Minimum of two month commitment is required.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to individuals seeking to become U.S. Citizens including:
- practice conversational English
- practice reading and writing in English
- review civics questions
- conduct mock interviews.
- Volunteers will be expected to take initiative in leading the sessions, log their hours, and respect sensitive client information.
- Experience in a diverse, multi-cultural setting is desired but not required.
- Previous experience with ESL students or tutoring preferred.
- One-on-one staff training
- Training must be completed before tutoring begins
- Attend a general volunteer orientation (1 hour)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Data Entry Volunteer
Do you have experience with online databases and data entry? Consider becoming a data entry volunteer!
Vocational ESL Classroom Assistant
Learning English is an important component of arriving to the United States as a refugee. Help us support those who are looking to learn a new language! Click here for more information.
Tutor Refugee Youth in El Cajon
If you want to make a difference in your community and leave an impact on our youth, this is the experience for you! Help refugees succeed in school by helping them navigate through their education.