Citizenship Education Program: Interview Preparation Workshop Tutor
The Immigration Department’s Citizenship Education Program offers walk-in citizenship interview preparation workshops for permanent residents applying for naturalization.
Locations & Times Needed:
El Cajon: Thursdays 1-3 pm and/or
City Heights: Wednesdays 11am-1pm
Minimum of two month commitment is required.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to individuals seeking to become U.S. Citizens including:
- practice conversational English
- practice reading and writing in English
- review civics questions
- conduct mock interviews.
- Volunteers will be expected to take initiative in leading the sessions, log their hours, and respect sensitive client information.
- Experience in a diverse, multi-cultural setting is desired but not required.
- Previous experience with ESL students or tutoring preferred.
- One-on-one staff training
- Training must be completed before tutoring begins
- Attend a general volunteer orientation (1 hour)
(Please include position(s) applying for in top 3 preferences.)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
VITA Tax Preparation Volunteer
Assist low-income families and individuals with tax preparation
VITA 'Lead' Tax Preparation Volunteer
Lead a tax team for this year's VITA program! Serve as a point-person for volunteers and provide assistance as an IRC-certified tax preparer to help put millions of dollars back into the pockets of low-income San Diego Families!
VITA Tax Program Liaison
Support and promote this year's VITA program with community outreach and administration assistance!
VITA Tax Program Outreach Specialist
Assist the IRC with community outreach for the VITA program