Citizenship Education Program: Interview Preparation Workshop Tutor
The Immigration Department’s Citizenship Education Program offers walk-in citizenship interview preparation workshops for permanent residents applying for naturalization.
Locations & Times Needed:
El Cajon: Thursdays 1-3 pm
Minimum of two month commitment is required.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to individuals seeking to become U.S. Citizens including:
- practice conversational English
- practice reading and writing in English
- review civics questions
- conduct mock interviews.
- Volunteers will be expected to take initiative in leading the sessions, log their hours, and respect sensitive client information.
- Experience in a diverse, multi-cultural setting is desired but not required.
- Previous experience with ESL students or tutoring preferred.
- One-on-one staff training
- Training must be completed before tutoring begins
- Attend a general volunteer orientation (1 hour)
(The application is generic for all positions, so please include position(s) applying for in preferences section.)
More opportunities in San Diego, CA
FarmWorks Volunteer Work Days
This is a monthly volunteer opportunity within the Food and Farming Department at the International Rescue Committee in San Diego.
Civic Engagement Assistant
Are you interested in helping El Cajon residents learn how to improve their local communities? Become a Civic Engagement Assistant!
Asylum-Seekers Support Volunteer
Are you fluent in Spanish and looking to help asylum-seekers? Become an Asylum-Seekers Support Volunteer!
Center for Financial Opportunity: Front Desk Assistant
Join our Center for Financial Opportunity to empower refugees and other community members trying to obtain and succeed in employment opportunities.