Background: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities.
Scope of volunteer work: Volunteers will work to provide administrative support to the Immigration Department. (In-person requirement.)
- Sorting department mail
- Update case files and department database
- Create case files and filing
- Schedule clients for immigration legal service appointments
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take direction (written and oral) and to complete tasks independently
- Must be punctual and dependable (regular attendance required); Minimum 10 hrs per week
- Prior customer service experience and/or the ability to work well with others of varied backgrounds
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in a second language (especially Amharic, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Karen, Pashto, Spanish, Somali, Swahili, Tagalog, Urdu or Vietnamese)
- No driving requirement Volunteers will report to the Immigration Coordinator. Requirement of 3-month commitment due to extensive training. IRC- leading the way from harm to home. Please apply at http://www.rescue.org/volunteer-opportunities/san-diego-ca COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.