The Immigration Volunteer will work closely with the Immigration Department to serve refugees and members of the local immigrant community.
Immigration Volunteer Duties include:
- Assisting Immigration Caseworkers to complete immigration applications such as Lawful Permanent Resident (Greencard), Citizenship, Afidavit of Relationship (AOR)
- Completing casenotes related to client casefiles
- Working one on one with clients to complete citizenship applications
- Conducting follow up phone calls to clients
Immigration Volunteer Requirements include:
- Must be available a minimum of 5 hours between the hours of 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Must be available a minimum of three months
- Fluency in Spanish, Farsi, Armenian or Arabic
- Available to come to IRC LA office in Glendale, CA
More opportunities in Los Angeles, CA
Volunteer Citizenship Instructor
Volunteer Citizenship Instructors work with immigrants in the Los Angeles community to the civics, history and other knowledge required to pass the United States Citizenship exam.
Financial Coaching Volunteer
The Financial Coaching Volunteer supports the Economic Empowerment Program by working one on one with refugee, asylee, trafficking and other immigrants, including Unaccompanied Minors (UAC's) to learn the basics of building a budget, opening a bank account, and other aspects of financial literacy. Spanish speakers especially needed!