Hours per week: 15 – 35 hours per week, during IRC’s regular business hours of 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Duration: 3 months (or more)
IRC is committed to working with student schedules. As such, we are flexible with accommodating time off for midterms and school holidays, and altering time availability with changing class schedules.
All internships with the IRC are unpaid.
IRC Internships are available to current and recently graduated undergraduate or graduate students looking to apply their skills, gain real-world experience and impact lives (available to non-students as volunteer opportunities).
Candidates must have the following qualities:
- Passionate about working with refugees and other immigrant populations
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and with supervisors)
- Organized and attention to detail
- Able to work with a team and independently in a fast-paced setting
Ready to get started? Click here to view and apply to current internship openings. Unable to find the internship postings? Go to www.rescue.org/careers "Search Jobs and Apply" and then narrow your search to USA-Silver Spring, MD.
Components of a completed application:
Apply directly to the internship position posting online, including required and optional fields
1) Resume and 2) Cover letter stating your desired position, availability and motivation for applying. Please tailor your cover letter(s) to reflect your interest in a particular position(s). Cover letters should clearly state your time availability, which includes a) a specific projected start and end date, b) the number of hours you are available each week, and c) the days and times in which you are available.
After you have submitted a complete application, qualified applicants will be invited by program staff for an in-person or phone interview. All positions are unpaid and initial offers are contingent on background check results ($30 contribution for background check requested upon accepting initial internship offer).
Email Kyle.Monsees@rescue.org for more information.