Thank you for your interest in pursuing an internship at the IRC in San Diego. The IRC in San Diego offers a variety of unpaid internships for recent graduates up to one year and students currently enrolled in an educational institution. Please see below for currently available internships.
Please note: Although some internships are operating remotely (unless noted otherwise), the office locations might reopen in accordance to guidelines from public health officials.
If you are currently enrolled at a university located within San Diego, you must indicate this within your application or cover letter. You will be responsible for acknowledging any school requirements during the application process. All interns must either currently be enrolled in higher education or have graduated within the last year.
The International Rescue Committee cannot act as a sponsor to visa holders and all internship applicants must be eligible to work within the United States.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] for details.
Internship Application Process:
- Review currently available internships below.
- Click the link to apply online. Please attach both a resume and cover letter to your application.
- Applications will be reviewed to confirm minimum requirements are met
- Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview
- If successful, you will complete a background check.
- Upon your first day, your supervisor will map out your internship length, goals, and progress.
San Diego Office Internships
The San Diego local office hosts interns in a cohort system, offering fall, spring, and summer cohorts. Please be aware that internships offered may vary depending on the season and needs. Internships posted below are organized by department and listed under the cohort season they are offered.
We are now accepting Fall internship applications for the following positions. The deadline to apply is August 15th.
Safety & Wellness:
- Women's Resilience Center Intern
- Asylum Seekers & Families Intern
- Anti-Trafficking Intern
- Enhanced Services for Asylees & Vulnerable Noncitizens Intern
Small Business Development Center:
- Small Business Development Center Intern
- Small Business Development Center Intern - Childcare
- Special Events Intern