The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to provide high-quality legal assistance at a low cost to all immigrants. In Salt Lake City, two DOJ-accredited immigration specialists work tirelessly with a team of volunteers to provide a variety of services for former refugees, asylees, SIV-recipients, and other immigrants in the community.
The services offered at the IRC in Salt Lake City include:
- Legal Consultation & Referrals
- Adjustment of Status [Green Card, Form I-485 or I-90]
- Family Petitions [Forms I-130, I-129F, I-730, DS-260, I-864]
- U.S. Citizenship Applications [Form N-400]
- Travel Documents [Form I-131]
- Employment Authorization Document [Form I-765]
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Renewal [Form I-821]
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewal [Form I-821D]
- Renew or Replace Documents
Appointments & Consultations
Contact our DOJ-accredited immigration specialists to set up an appointment in advance by calling our main office line, +1 801 328 1091, and asking for the "Immigration Team." You can also email your inquiry to Immigration.SLC [at] rescue.org.
Walk-in consultations without an appointment are offered every Friday between 10am to 3pm at the IRC in Salt Lake City office. A $20 fee for consultations may be required.
Appointments and walk-in consultations are held at the IRC in Salt Lake City office located at:
221 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Civics & Citizenship Classes
The IRC in Salt Lake City also offers FREE classes for anyone wanting to prepare for the U.S. citizenship exam. No registration is necessary.
As of January 2020, there are currently three Civics & Citizenship Education Classes available to attend, including:
Rose Park Neighborhood Center
754 North 800 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Each Saturday from 11am to 1pm.
Sunnyvale Neighborhood Center
3900 South 535 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
Each Saturday from 12-2pm.
Sorenson Unity Center
1383 South 900 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Each Monday from 6-8pm.
Questions? Email us at Immigration.SLC [at] rescue.org.