The IRC in Silver Spring is committed to bringing our refugee clients from harm to home. As part of that commitment, we provide them with basic necessities – such as clothing and household items they need to start rebuilding their lives here.
To do this, the IRC relies on donated items from community partners that are passed onto our clients free of charge.
Please find the list of items we are able to accept individual donations of immediately below. Then, please find the list of kits we are requesting. To help us with distribution, please donate all items of a kit together.
For more information and to make a donation, please fill out the IRC In-Kind Donation Form.
If delivery is a challenge, please consider purchasing needed items through our Amazon Wish List.
Individual Donation List:
- Gift Cards to Target, Walmart, or CVS
- Pots and Pans
- Laptop Computers (ready to use)
- SmarTrip Cards
- Baby Bottles
- Baby Wipes
- Pack and Plays
- Children's bikes/tricylces/scooters with helmets
- Vacuum cleaners
- Adult bikes (with helmet, lock, and light)
- Car Seats (Must be brand new)
- Twin Size Sheet Set (1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, 1 pillow case)
- Full or Queen Size Sheet Set (1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, 2 pillow cases)
- School Uniforms for kindergarten to high school students (khaki pants with white, navy blue, black, and/or gold short-sleeved polo shirt-good condition)
Have gently used sofas or dining sets? We pick up! Email our Logistics Specialist at Corey.Rheingrover [at] rescue.org (subject: Sofa%20and%2For%20dining%20set%20donation) .
• Office or storage space
• Financial Donations (Donate)
• Gift Cards-(Target and Walmart most desired)-to allow clients to purchase food, clothing, and other critical items.
Please consider fundraising for refugees in the DC Metro area. You can receive IRC materials for your fundraiser. Sign up to fundraise here.
Don't have any of these items? Email Mark and let him know that you would like to be included on a listserv for updates on in-kind needs!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mark at Mark.Youmans [at] rescue.org (subject: Donation%20Question)