The IRC in Silver Spring is committed to bringing our refugee clients from harm to home. As part of that commitment, we provide them with basic necessities – such as clothing and household items they need to start rebuilding their lives here. To do this, the IRC relies on donated items from the community that are provided to our clients free of charge.
How to make an in-kind donation
1. Review what is needed.
- Donation List (below)
- Client Wish List: requests from specific individuals or families we serve.
- Kit Donations
- Order brand new mattresses for IRC refugee clients!
- Donate online via our Amazon Wish List
2. Drop off at our office or donate online. Our office is located at 8719 Colesville Rd 3rd Floor Silver Spring, MD 20910. You can drop off donations anytime during regular business hours (Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM).
- Please make sure that donations are new or gently used. We do not accept items that are stained, ripped, are missing pieces/parts, or don’t work properly.
- If you want to donate an item not on this list, contact Kyle.Monsees [at] Rescue.org (subject: IRC%20In-Kind%20Donation%20Question) to determine whether we will accept it.
Can't make it to our office? Donate online via our Amazon Wish List or you can search online yourself. Please make deliveries to:
Attn: Kyle Monsees 8719 Colesville Road, 3rd Floor Silver Spring, MD 20910
3. Sign up to receive updates. Provide your name and email to receive information about future donation drives (winter clothes, school supplies, etc.)
This spring, the IRC in Silver Spring is hosting a Health and Wellness Drive. Please donate the hygiene items listed below to ensure our clients' health and wellness.
- Diapers (size 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- Baby Wipes
- Sanitary Pads
- Baby Bottles
- Shampoo/Bars of Soap
- Packs of Razors (male and female)
- Shaving Cream
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Fork, knife, spoon, plate, bowl, cup, glass
- Sauce pan, cooking pot, frying pan, baking dish
- Mixing spoon, ladle, spatula, mixing bowl, can opener, cutting knife, cutting board
- Teapot and tea cups
Linens/Other Household Items**
- Bath towels
- Kitchen towels
- Set of sheets and pillowcases (twin or full)
- Comforter (twin or full)
- Packs of clothes hangers
- Floor lamp and light bulb
- Laptop (and charger)
- Smartphone (and charger)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Dish soap, bucket/mop, broom/dustpan, trash bin, pack of trash bags, bathroom bin, laundry detergent, toilet brush
- Sponge, paper towel rolls
- Gift Cards to Target, Walmart, etc.
- SmarTrip Cards
*Must be brand new
**Can be gently used