The Dallas IRC office offers a variety internship opportunities throughout the year
When you intern at the IRC in Dallas, you will be able to experience working with the specialized refugee and resettlement services and programs we house in our office. Requirements will differ by position, but the commitment for internships is 15-40 hours a week for a semester. Internships are unpaid.
We are also able to host Master's of Social Work students as we do have licensed social workers on staff.
Note on COVID-19:
The IRC is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world as well as in Dallas, Texas The health and well-being of our clients, volunteers and staff is of the utmost importance to us. Currently, all internships include some in-person presence and in accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires all interns to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be onboarded.
Steps to become an intern with the IRC in Dallas
- Read through this Internship Flyer to pick the internship that is right for you.
- Submit your resume, cover letter and two letters of recommendation, along with this Intern Application.
- Complete a 30-minute zoom interview with our volunteer coordinator to determine if you are a potential fit for the Dallas office.
- Interview with the program manager who will supervise the internship.
- Provide proof of vaccination and complete an IRC background check, all of which is done online.
Please note that availability varies depending on the semester for the internship and the applicants who've applied. If you are interested in getting more information, please email any questions to [email protected]