We all search for places #WhereWeBelong. From libraries to schools to workplaces, join us this #WelcomingWeek from September 9-18th.
Welcoming Week is a global movement that brings communities and neighbors of all backgrounds together to build strong connections and affirm the importance of inclusive places.
- Visit any King County Library to get your own Welcoming Week bookmark featuring KCLS, IRC Seattle, and Refugee Congress and check out KCLS Welcoming Week resources, including a reading list: kcls.org/WelcomingWeek.
Join the movement!
Tag and include #WelcomingWeek2022 #WhereWeBelong in your social media posts during Welcoming Week!
Take a moment to appreciate and celebrate the places #WhereWeBelong — cities, public parks, workplaces, etc. — all of which include:
- Strong government & community leadership
- Equitable access to services
- Robust civic engagement
- High quality education
- Community safety for all
- Connected residents and communities
- Economic development that benefits all of us
Educate yourself and others about refugees and the refugee resettlement process.
Attend Welcoming Burien—an official Welcoming Week event on Saturday, September 17, 2022, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Come say hi to us at the IRC Seattle table!
Thank you Refugee Congress and KCLS for building communities and spaces of belonging with us!
Participate in Welcoming Week by checking out their websites below!
Visit your local library, find programs and services, and check out a great reads for kids and adults at kcls.org/WelcomingWeek.
Advocate and lift up refugee and immigrant voices in Washington. Go to refugeecongress.org.