Under the supervision of the Vocational English as a Second Language instructor, classroom aides will assist with individual instruction in English classes to newly arrived refugees.
Remote (work from home)
Minimum 3-6 hrs/week for at least four months. Longer volunteer commitments encouraged.
- Lead group sessions and one-on-one sessions with ESL training materials
- Assist students with vocabulary and pronunciation
- Make copies of instructional materials when needed
- English fluency is required. Ideal candidates will have tutoring experience or experience in education; students who are pursuing a certificate in TESOL are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of virtual platforms (Facebook Live, Zoom, etc.) preferred
How to Apply:
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you.
More opportunities in Turlock, CA
Donations delivery assistant
Under the supervision of the volunteer and donations coordinator, donation delivery assistants transport groceries and toiletries to the homes of refugees and special immigrants living in Central California.
Interpretation support volunteers connect with clients and IRC staff via virtual platforms (i.e. phone, FaceTime, Google Hangout, Skype, Whats App, Zoom) to provide support for IRC programming.
INTERNSHIP: Economic Empowerment
Under the supervision and direction of the Employment Supervisor, the Economic Empowerment Intern will help with a range of activities to help prepare refugees and other survivors of conflict for their first jobs in the United States.
INTERNSHIP: Casework Support/Housing
Under the supervision of the Resettlement Manager, casework support interns provide services and guidance for newly arrived refugees and assist with locating housing for them.