Minimum Commitment: 3 months
Hours: 2-6 hours per week
Location: Abilene IRC Office; MWF 8:30-10:30AM
- Work one-on-one with a client or in small groups to help build and practice every day English language skills
- Assist clients with given material or exercises
- Encourage participates to actively engage with given materials and tasks
Ready to start?
There is a 5 part process to becoming an IRC volunteer:
- RSVP to and attend an information session: https://signup.com/go/NSUTvuN
- Review the volunteer roles (attached or online: https://www.rescue.org/volunteer-opportunities/abilene-tx) and note your top three
- Submission of the application : https://rescueglobal.secure.force.com/volunteer/
- Completing 2 reference checks and a background check
- Complete onboarding training and paperwork
We do ask that all volunteers go through a background check, as you can well imagine, as our refugee population is very vulnerable. Generally, we request a $45 contribution to help offset the total cost of the background check. Volunteers must be 18 years-old or older.
For more information, please contact Jen Rogers by phone at 325 675 5643 or by email jen.rogers [at] rescue.org (subject: ESL%20Volunteer) (Jen.Rogers)emily.parker [at] rescue.org (subject: Volunteer%20Interest) (@Rescue.org)