- Volunteer will receive Free training in how to prepare a basic tax return
- No prior tax preparation experience required
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Prepare basic or advanced 1040 tax returns and related schedules for eligible tax payers
- Interview taxpayer to determine if all income, deductions and allowable credits are claimed
- Prepare only those returns for which certification levels were completed
- Complete mandatory volunteer standard of conduct training
- Jan 2020 –April 14th 2020
- 4 hours a week
Application Link - https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/10898?c=rescue
More opportunities in Phoenix, AZ
Asylum Seeker Volunteer
Assist asylum seeking families at the Welcome Center, a dynamic, 24/7 emergency support center providing resources to newly arrived asylum seekers and their children.
Youth Tutor Volunteer
IRC Volunteer Youth Tutors provide tutoring, mainly consisting of English language development support through the instruction of beginning level English lessons for refugee youth, 6-12 grade. Each tutor works with 1-5 students in small group virtual tutoring sessions. Tutors support each student in increasing their English language proficiency using the English language learner (ELL) curriculum provided. Tutors have the opportunity to develop and implement additional activities as appropriate.
Spring 2022 Internships
The Phoenix office offers a variety of internships in various departments and educational areas.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Volunteers (VITA)
The Vita program prepares tax returns for free, for low to moderate income individuals and families.