SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER WORK:
The Warm Welcome Winter Clothing Drive is the IRC in Salt Lake City's annual winter wear donation drive to ensure nearly 300 recently arrived refugees receive clean, new or like-new coats, jackets, boots, warm socks, hats and gloves. For many refugees, this winter will be the first time they see snow. We want to make sure they are adequately prepared.
On October 18th and 19th, join us as a volunteer during our winter clothing distribution event! We encourage individuals, small or large groups to volunteer and support our efforts to keep newly arrived refugees warm for the winter. Volunteer support is needed both days.
Join us to:
- Help set up our winter clothing "pop-up" shop.
- Hang clothing, organize racks, and sort winter clothing for refugee families.
- Act as a personal shopper for a refugee family or individual.
- Decide your availability on October 18th and 19th and ask your friends, family, and other networks to join you.
- Email us at VolunteerSLC [at] rescue.org (subject: Winter%20Clothing%20Volunteer%20-%20Inquiry) to confirm your interest and learn more about next steps. We will follow up promptly with more information.
- While you're waiting for your volunteer day, gather new or like-new winter items from your closet, storage unit, family or neighborhood and RSVP to drop off the items by Friday, October 12th. Learn more at Rescue.org/WarmWelcomeSLC.
More opportunities in Salt Lake City, UT
Family Nutrition Access (WIC) Volunteer
Support our maternal & child health program by helping new and soon-to-be mothers access healthy foods through the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefit program. Next training: Tuesday, September 24th.
"Did you try to turn it off and back on again?" If you have ever been the one people come to with their computer questions, then this is the opportunity for you! Tech expertise not required as we are looking for people who feel comfortable with basic troubleshooting. Training is taking place on September 25, so let's get you on board!
Refugee Health Access Volunteer
Going to the doctor's office can be daunting for those of us born in the US, but think about how confusing it can be for those who are new to Utah. We are looking for volunteers with a flexible schedule that can assist refugees as they access the health care system.
Assist refugees as they find and start their first job in the US.