Scope of Service
The volunteer will assist the case manager to prepare and furnish apartments for new refugee families. Volunteers will not be required to purchase anything.
Responsibilities could include
- Traveling with IRC staff to pick up and drop off furniture, supplies, and food to the new home
- Unpacking, assembling and arranging household items to create a welcoming home
- Washing and putting dishes away
- General cleaning such as dusting and vacuuming
- Setting up other household items such as beds so they are ready to go upon client arrival
On-call, typically weekdays between 9am and 5pm. A typical housing set up takes 2-4 hours.
Minimum 1 month.
How to Apply
Go to https://irc-global.my.salesforce-sites.com/volunteer and complete the application. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]. Once your application is received, a staff member will contact you for a brief interview. You will then receive a link to complete a background check. Finally, you will be contacted to attend a required volunteer training.