Scope of Support
Volunteers at the Women's Resilience Center (WRC) contribute to the development of Conversation Sessions for women and girls to practice speaking English in a safe and welcoming space. These interactive activities are hosted online and in person. All WRC sessions are client-centered, and all topics are selected and facilitated by participants.
About the WRC:
The WRC is a space co-created with women and girls to promote empowerment and community participation. The center is intentionally designed to address gaps and barriers to service delivery. Programming encourages participant expression, wellbeing, and community connectedness.
· Collaborate with participants to decide on topics for sessions
· Plan and co-facilitate sessions with other volunteers
· Host and run Zoom sessions on WRC Zoom Account
· Track participants and session topics/plans
1. Experience interacting and collaborating with a diverse array of community members
2. Expand skills around co-facilitating groups on Zoom
· Comfortable with planning sessions and working independently as needed
· Can commit to at least 2 hour/week
· Overseas study experience and/or ESL teaching experience
· Experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds
· Strong computer skills
· Must be flexible and a self-starter
· TESOL/TFL Certificate a plus
· Proficiency in Dari, Pashto, Haitian Creole, Swahili, or Arabic a plus
If you are interested in volunteering and submitting an application, please (1) select that you are applying to the San Diego office, (2) proceed to "Interests and Questions", (3) fill out "Please enter the top three positions that interest you", and (4) indicate the "Women’s Resilience Center: English Conversation Volunteer".
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected].