The IRC in Phoenix is committed to bringing our refugee clients from harm to home. As a part of that commitment, we provide them with necessities – such as clothing and household items – they will need to start rebuilding their lives here. To do this, the IRC relies on donated items from community partners that are passed into the hands of our clients free of charge either through our Resettlement Shop or as part of an initial apartment setup.
The IRC’s Resettlement Shop is stocked with donations from community members and is open twice each week for IRC families to “shop” for free.
An extensive list of acceptable and most needed items is below. Most needed items right now?
- Bicycles (and cars!) to help our clients navigate to and from their new jobs with greater ease, especially in the summer
- Working laptops
- Laundry detergent & cleaning supplies
Donations are welcome between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday, at the IRC Phoenix office located at 4425 W. Olive Ave., Suite #400, Glendale, AZ, 85302.
(Men, women, and children)
- Dress shirts
- Under garments (new)
- Hats and belts
- Kitchen appliances
- Sewing machines
- Pillows and pillowcases
- Table cloths
- Kitchen utensils
- Pots and pans
- Cutting boards
- Waste baskets
- Washcloths, hand towels, and bath towels
- Laundry detergent
- Liquid dish soap
- All-purpose cleaners
- Brooms and mops
New Hygiene Items
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Body wash
- Body lotion
- Children’s toys
- School supplies
- Office supplies
All too frequently, refugees must flee their homes at a moment’s notice, leaving the life they know and everything they own behind them.
It is not uncommon for a refugee family to arrive to the United States with just one suitcase to their name. Welcome Kits help to provide the basic household items refugees need to begin building a safe and dignified life for their family in Arizona.
HOW TO BUILD A KIT
- Select Welcome Kit(s) from this PDF.
- Mobilize your family, neighbors, church group, or school to collect the items on the list. Note: Gently used items are acceptable, unless otherwise noted.
- Pack items in a sturdy box, attach an inventory list with each kit, and deliver to the IRC Phoenix office. Note: Large plastic bins work well and can be reused by refugee families.
- Along with your kit, a donation of $25 helps to cover transportation and storage costs.
Welcome kits and donated items for the Resettlement Shop can be dropped off between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday, at the IRC Phoenix office located at 4425 West Olive Avenue, Suite 400, Glendale, AZ 85302.