The IRC in Dallas is committed to helping our refugee clients rebuild their lives. With the help of individuals and community partners, we provide items such as clothing and household goods to our refugee clients for free. All donations are tax-deductible. Donated items must be new or gently-used. For more information or to schedule a drop-off, contact DonationsDallas [at] rescue.org or call (214) 461-9781 x234.
NOTE: Before beginning a large donation drive, please contact our office to find out which items are needed most at the moment.
Accepted items include:
- Small furniture items (e.g. coffee/end tables, chairs). Bed frames and mattresses are not accepted.
- Pots and pans
- Kitchen items (e.g. dishes, silverware, cups)
- Cleaning supplies and personal hygiene items
- Towels for bathrooms and kitchens
- Rugs and welcome mats
- Table cloths or placemats
- Bed sheets, blankets, and comforters (full and twin size)
- Closed-toe shoes. High heels are not accepted.
- Plastic containers (e.g. drawers, bins)
- Tool kits
- Diapers (sizes 2-6)
- Backpacks and school supplies
- New or gently used toys
- Vacuum cleaners
- Working tablets, or laptops. Computers must not be more than four years old.
- Working flat screen TVs
- Sewing machines and sewing kits
- Prepaid cell phones
- Gift cards to Walmart
- Children's clothing
- New or gently used shoes
A larger list can be found here.
Here are other ways to get involved:
- Become a volunteer
- Donate new or gently-used items
- Support the IRC with a financial contribution
- Join our GenR chapter
- Spread the word
- Explore additional opportunities