At a time when more than 82 million people are uprooted by crisis worldwide, here are 10 reasons to give to the International Rescue Committee (IRC):
- For nearly 90 years we have been helping people affected by humanitarian crises to survive, recover and rebuild their lives.
- We were founded at the call of Albert Einstein. Ingenuity, fortitude and optimism remain at the heart of who we are and how we work.
- We are the largest refugee resettlement agency in the United States.
- We are rapidly responding to the triple threat refugees are facing right now—ongoing conflict, the spread of COVID-19 and climate change.
- We help people in some of the toughest places on Earth, including Yemen, Syria and Somalia.
- We have developed and are implementing a revolutionary new approach to treating malnutrition in children.
- In 2020 alone, we provided 31 million people with access to health care, 2.6 million people with clean water and more than 800,000 children with an education.
- Our response to COVID-19 is grounded in decades of experience responding to complex health emergencies and disease outbreaks. We are helping to contain the spread, protect communities and care for people affected by the virus.
- We work in more than 40 countries, including Afghanistan. In 2020, we helped more than 1 million people in Afghanistan with services, including education and safe spaces for girls. We are determined to stay and deliver life-changing support as long as we are needed.
- We adapt to the challenges in front of us with courage and resilience and we never, ever give up on refugees and displaced families.