Thank you for your interest in supporting refugees and taking a stand for welcome in your community. You are vital to protecting the values that make this country who we are. On behalf of those we serve, thank you. Here’s what you can do to help. Please note that advocacy opportunities continue to be refined and scheduled, so watch this space in the coming days and weeks.
- Read our statement on the current situation
- Attend the webinar with IRC's U.S. Programs leadership on February 9th at 10:30 am PST.
- Sign-up for our newsletter & follow us on Facebook.
- Attend an education event to learn more about how the Executive Order will affect our programs and more about refugee resettlement:
- Sacramento - February 16th at 5:30 pm. Sign-up here. Please note this event is being rolled into the already scheduled volunteer information session.
- Turlock - February 21st at 5:30 pm. Sign-up here.
- Oakland - February 15th at 5:30 pm. Sign-up here. Please note this event is being rolled into the already scheduled volunteer information session.
- San Jose - Help us decide the time and location.
- Tell Congress to stand for welcome. Call Congress and leave a voicemail expressing your support for refugees or write a letter.
- Send your legislators postcards! Or better yet, bring friends together for a postcard-writing campaign.
- Comment on a post on the White House Facebook page Facebook.com/WhiteHouse or submit an electronic message at whitehouse.gov/contact.
- Tweet President Trump .@POTUS: I'm proud to join @theIRC in standing with refugees! Support resettlement for ALL refugees https://rescue.org/act #RefugeesWelcome
- Watch and share these Rescue Facts videos with friends and family
- Each of our offices has different in-kind needs based on their storage capacity and refugee population. Please see specific links below for details:
- You can donate in-kind as an individual or get a group together to organize a drive to reach more families. Please note that our San Jose, Oakland, and Turlock offices have very limited storage available.
- Each of our offices has different volunteer needs based on their programming and staff capacity. Please see specific links below for details:
- Oakland - See the list of available opportunities and how to get started with the process here.
- San Jose - See the list of available opportunities and how to get started with the process here.
- Sacramento - See the list of available opportunities and how to get started with the process here.
- Turlock - See the list of available opportunities and how to get started with the process here.
- The IRC in Oakland is pleased to provide our local and national partners with opportunities to engage meaningfully and directly with our work. All activities can be paired with an education session that teaches participants the basics of refugee resettlement. More information here.
The IRC is consistently awarded high marks by charity watchdog groups for our efficient use of financial support and the effectiveness of our work. Of every $1 the IRC spends, more than 90¢ goes to programs and services that directly benefit refugees and communities affected by war or disaster. Donate now to support refugees in Northern California.
- Planning to give $100? Consider making a monthly contribution of $100 and becoming a Rescue Partner. This allows us to plan ahead to serve the needs of our clients.
- You may be able to double — or even triple — the impact of your generous donation with a matching gift from your company.